PurposeWelcome to the East Orange Water Commission's official website. We encourage you to explore our website to learn more about the East Orange Water Commission and the services we provide.
The Commission serves the City of East Orange and the Borough of East Newark(Billing and Customer Service only). We are committed to providing quality water and wastewater service to our customers.
- To provide our customers the highest quality water obtainable with uninterrupted service.
- To utilize every safeguard possible to ensure the highest quality water and the health of our customers.
- To be prepared at all times to supply our customers with ample water for fire protection and sanitation.
- To produce water at the least possible cost to the consumer with only sufficient income to cover the East Orange Water Commission's operating and maintenance cost, with sufficient reserves to be set aside each year to cover depreciation, replacements, and such new capital developments as are necessary to uphold a high state of efficiency.
- As a self-sustaining department of the City of East Orange, the normal operation of the Water Commission will have absolutely no impact on the tax rate.
- If, through efficient and wise business management, a surplus above the requirements of the Commission develops, it will be provided to the consumers in the form of a reduction of their water rates.
CITY OF EAST ORANGE BOARD OF WATER COMMISSIONERS
NOTICE OF RESCHEDULED FEBRUARY 20, 2019 REGULAR PUBLIC MEETING
TO FEBRUARY 26, 2019 FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-6, et seq. that due to the anticipated inclement weather and the declaration of a State of Emergency by the Governor, the Board of Water Commissioners of the City of East Orange has rescheduled the February 20, 2019 Regular Board Meeting. The meeting which was scheduled for Wednesday, February 20, 2019 will now be held on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. in the Conference Room of the Board’s office located at 99 South Grove Street, East Orange, NJ 07018.
All meetings are open to the public, consistent with the Open Public Meetings Act (Ch. 231, Laws of 1975, State of New Jersey) and that advance notice is herein provided as of the date listed on this notice. At said meeting, the Board may elect consistent with the Open Public Meetings Act, to conduct a closed Executive Session. The Board may consider and take formal action on agenda items or any other item or matter that may come before the Board prior to or at the meeting.
FORMAL ACTION WILL BE TAKEN
By Order of Alison Rolling, PresidentBoard of Water Commissioners City of East Orange
On January 28, 2019, the East Orange Water Department will open at 10:00 AM due to Department Staff Meeting. Both Customer Service and Cashiering will open at 10:00 AM. This delayed open will not affect closing times. The Cashier Window will close at 4:00 PM and Customer Service at 4:30 PM, business as usual.
EAST ORANGE WATER COMMISSION
The East Orange Water Commission holds their General Meetings every third Tuesday of each month at 5:00 P.M. in the Main Conference Room in its office located at 99 South Grove Street, East Orange, N.J. and will be open to the public.
Formal Action Will Be Taken
President Board of Water Commissioners of the City of East Orange
Important & Helpful Links:
- Pay Bill Online
- 2018 Hydrant Flushing Program to start on May 30th
- 2019 Annual Meeting Dates for the East Orange Board of Water Commissioners
- Important Water Rate Information – East Orange Customers Only
- Quick Tips to Conserve Water
- Water Conservation Tips
- Water Quality Report Now Available
- Announcement: Water System Improvements Project.
- View Most Recent Agendas and Resolution