ServiceIt is our policy to deliver a consistent level of service to our customers that will address and meet their needs plus instill a level of trust, pride and confidence in the Commission.
Service will be delivered always keeping mind that we have the knowledge, desire and resources available to us to deliver only one kind of service - exceptional. This level of service will be marked by the following standards:
- Efficiency: The hallmark of our service will be speed and accuracy
- Flexibility: We recognize that we are here to service and when a request is out of our area of expertise or jurisdiction, we will still own it and give the requester the information and directions that will produce a positive outcome.
- Quality Focused: Service delivered in such a fashion that when a customer receives services from us they will instinctively trust in its value.
- Courteous: How we treat our customer will be a reflection of the respect we have for the City of East Orange and ourselves
- Internal Clients: We will deliver exceptional service period. There will be no distinction between internal and external clients when quality of service is measured.
- An Inviting Attitude: The way we communicate with citizens will be marked with a smile on our face and in our voice. Listening and sensitivity will be essential to all of our interactions.
Personal ContactA core component of our customer service philosophy is to ensure customers interact with a customer service representative rather than an automated system. Providing that personal contact to answer questions and solve problems makes it clear that customers are a priority. The human interaction is supported and made more efficient with the use of technology for automated meter reading, billing, as well as tracking customer account and service information. Customer complaints are reviewed to evaluate our policies, procedures and service response.
White Oak Ridge Pumping StatonThe White Oak Ridge Pumping Station (WORPS) in Short Hills, New Jersey supplies the average daily water supply of approximately 11 MG from groundwater supplied by 18 wells in four well fields located in:
- Florham Park
DistributionWater is pumped from the wells to the pumping station where it is treated with chlorine for disinfection purposes and then pumped to the 10 MG distribution reservoir located approximately four miles away. The WORPS is equipped with six electric pumps and emergency diesel pumping equipment.
Recently, the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system has been employed at the White Oak Ridge Pumping Station. The SCADA system provides monitoring of each well as well as remote start and stop of well pumps.
ResponsibilitiesGenerally, WORPS responsibilities are to:
- Ensure Facility Security
- Execute Water Well Operations
- Monitor Elevated Storage Reservoir
- Monitor System pressures/pumping operations
- Provide 24 hour dispatch
- Respond to Low pressure issues
- Respond to water quality report issues
ResponsibilitiesWater Distribution Division responsibilities include:
- Addressing low pressure complaints
- At customer meter (inside the home)
- City side (curb box to main)
- Home plumbing inspections at customer request
- Installation of water service taps / meters
- Investigating Bad taste / odor/ color complaints
- Isolating water lines
- Locating water lines
- Responding to customer leaks issues
- Water main repair
- Installation of city side clean outs
- Installation of sewer service taps
- Investigating odor / sewer smells
- Locating wastewater lines
- Main collection line repairs
- Preventative collection system maintenance
- Providing customer assistance of sewer stops
- Responding to sanitary sewer overflows at manholes