Tax Collection & Licensing
Mission & Purpose
- To serve the public professionally, courteously and competently
- To observe moral, ethical and professional standards
- To carry out our duties and responsibilities in full compliance of the New Jersey State Statutes and City Ordinances
- To maintain the public's trust and confidence by being courteous, accurate and efficient
- To assist and educate our residents and customers in the State Statutes as it deals with Tax Collection and Licensing
Tax Bills & AssessmentsProperty tax bills are due and payable quarterly on the first of February, May, August and November. The billing dates are subject to change if billing amounts are delayed. If you have a mortgage your tax bill is mailed directly to your bank and an advice copy is mailed to you - the homeowner. Any questions regarding tax bills or payments should be directed to the Tax Collector's office.
Questions concerning your property assessments, tax appeals, and veteran and senior citizen deduction applications should be addressed to the Tax Assessor at 973-266-5105.
Tax SearchTax Searches require a $10 fee and are processed within fifteen business days upon receipt of payment. The Tax Search (PDF) gives a breakdown of the current tax year, total amounts for the previous two years and other permit, lien, assessments, deductions and exemptions. Please address all correspondences to:
The East Orange Tax Collection Department
44 City Hall Plaza
East Orange, NJ 07019