> Business Welcome Information
Business Welcome Information
Welcome to East Orange Business District
“A City on the Move”
Welcome to the City of East Orange. We are excited that you have considered opening your business in our City. This Business Kit was created for our business districts and property owners to guide and help existing owners and new comers with some of the rules, regulations, restriction, requirements and obligations in our communities.
Included are helpful tools, programs and services that are available that will help create a successful business district.
The city of East Orange looks forward to working with you as partners in an effort to build a strong downtown shopping, dining and entertainment district. I look forward to working with you, and thanks for choosing the City of East Orange.
Where do I start from?
- Before you open a business in East Orange verify if the business is permitted in the business district with the Zoning Officer
- Before beginning any work on your business/ property, make sure that you receive all proper permits and certificates from the building department
- Contact the UEZ director Dave Clark to register your business
- Be sure to confirm with public works what days trash removal service is available. Please notify your tenants of when and where to properly place trash
- Tenants/ property owners shall not use the black public trash receptacles located along the sidewalks,
which are that not intended for business trash or personal trash
- Contact the CABID office to register your business (if you are located on Central Ave) to take advantage of programs allocated for that district
- Business owners, employees, and property owners should not park personal vehicles on
the main corridor. Removing personal vehicles from the main corridor creates more parking spaces for customers