East Orange, NJ, May 15, 2018 — The City of East Orange’s Mayor’s Office of Employment and Training will be hosting a Career Day for Construction Trades on Thursday, May 18th between 10am and 12pm at the East Orange Public Library, 21 South Arlington Avenue. The event is free and open to the public.
“We are working to create job opportunities — especially for those fresh out of high school or recent grads — so that our residents have alternative career options that build a solid and stable foundation for themselves and their families,” said Mayor Ted R. Green.
The construction industry employs 3.4% of the New Jersey workforce and is among the fastest growth categories forecasted by the Department of Labor. In the state, the average hourly earnings for a construction worker are between $24-$26, and occupations with higher educational and training requirements are projected to grow twice as fast as those with lower requirements.
On Thursday, company participants include:
- LiUNA! Laborers Local 55
- Sheet Metal Workers International Association SMWIA Local 25
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- IUPAT DC 711
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local 825
- Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters
- GSE Development
- New Community Workforce Development Center
- Adams Construction and Demolition Inc.
- Rock Solid General Contractors
- Haddad Plumbing and Heating
- Essex County One-Stop Career Center - East Orange
- Essex County One-Stop Youth Resource Center - East Orange
- Essex County Job Development Unit
- Quality Health Care
For more information or to register, please call the Mayor’s Office of Employment and Training at 973.677.8914.