CITY OF EAST ORANGE 2019 SUMMER YOUTH COLLEGE INTERN PROGRAM Mayor’s Office of Employment & Training 90 Halsted Street, 2nd Floor East Orange, New Jersey 07018 Phone: (973) 677-8914 Fax: (973) 766-1421 Email: Youthemail@example.com
For More Information please contact the Mayor’s Office of Employment and Training at (973) 677-8914.
The City of East Orange Summer College Internship Program is a unique opportunity available to East Orange’s college students currently enrolled in colleges and universities. This paid internship allows the applicant to get hands on experience of local government, public and private sector careers. Our goal is to provide the students with the opportunity to explore career options in various businesses and industries. The practical experience a student gains at the worksite is expected to complement the theoretical knowledge he/she gains in a college classroom. The student is expected to both learn from and contribute to the employment opportunity.
Applicants are eligible for the College Summer Internship Program if they meet all of the following criteria:
- • Currently enrolled in a college, university, vocational-technical school, pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- • Maintain a 2.5 grade point average
- • Be able and willing to work at least 30- 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, 8:30 A.M. through 4:30 P.M. for six (6) weeks (July 8-August 16, 2019)
- • You must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S.
- • You must not have any criminal legal action pending against you
- • You must have a professional demeanor, excellent communication skills, and be reliable
APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCEDURES
An interested applicant must complete the College Summer Internship Program Application. Applications are available for pick up at the Mayor’s Office of Employment and Training at 90 Halsted Street 2nd floor, East Orange, NJ 07018.
In addition to a completed application, applicants must submit:
- • Current Transcript (Official or Unofficial with the Student’s name printed)
- • Resume
- • Cover letter describing interest in pursuing an internship through the City of East Orange College Summer Internship Program
- • Letter of Recommendation (Educational or Professional)
Applications are due no later than 4:30 pm on Friday April 12, 2019. Please submit in person, via mail (postmarked by the due date), or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Potential applicants will be called in for an interview.
PLACEMENT PROCEDURES AND ORIENTATION
Candidates will be notified of their acceptance at least two weeks prior to the start of employment. All interns must undergo a MANDATORY orientation to review the Policies and Procedures of the program prior to their first day of work.