The City of East Orange is accepting applications from local non-profit and private sector agencies to become new Worksites for the 2019 Summer Work Experience Program (SWEP).
SWEP provides youth the opportunities for career exploration and development. Through placement with quality worksites, the youth participants will learn new skills and practice them within real work settings. They will have opportunities to develop skills identified as essential for future employment, such as problem solving, reasoning and learning ability.
Hire a Youth for the Summer….YOU Provide the Work—WE Cover the Wages!
Helping youth to get job experience is good for business, good for the participants and good for our community!
Summer Work Experience Program - What is it?
• Provides valuable summer employment experience for East Orange youth ages (14-18)
• Local businesses serve as worksites for participating youth
• Youth in the program receive training and paid work experience at NO COST to the business.
Employer of Record is City of East Orange
• The Summer Jobs Program runs July 8– August 16, 2019
• Youth work 6 weeks, up to 20 hours per week at $8.85/hr.
Additional Benefits to You!
• You’ll be assigned a dedicated jobsite counselor to ensure a successful experience for both you and the youth worker.
• You’ll develop a great source for future employees!
Ready to Apply to be a SWEP Worksite? Please contact the Mayor’s Office of Employment and Training at email@example.com or (973) 677-8914. Applications can be found at eastorange-nj.gov.