EAST ORANGE TO HOLD GRADUATION CARAVAN HONORING THE CLASS OF 2020 ON SAT, JUNE 13
June 12, 2020, East Orange, NJ: Mayor Ted R. Green, the East Orange City Council and the Friends of the Class of 2020 will honor the graduating classes of 2020 with a special Graduation Caravan that will travel through the entire city on Saturday, June 13 beginning at 11am.
Residents are encouraged to practice social distancing and view the celebration from outside of their homes as the caravan travels through the city. The caravan will consist of a host of community members and supporters, including representatives from the East Orange City Council, EOPD, EOFD, teachers and faculty of the East Orange School District, the Corvette Boys, the Mayor’s Office, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. and other local community organizations.
While virtual graduations are ongoing for East Orange schools, Mayor Green who is also a staunch advocate for young people and himself of graduate of East Orange Public Schools, wants to assure the Class of 2020 that their hard work and sacrifice did not go unnoticed despite the unprecedented circumstances of the coronavirus pandemic and recent social unrest that is plaguing our country.
“The Class of 2020 will forever be engraved not just in my heart, but in the history of this city,” said Mayor Green. “I cannot imagine what it’s like to miss a graduation, one of the most important milestones and moments in a young person’s life. We needed to do something in a very big way to show them how proud we are of them!”
**Please Note** Every effort was made to reach as many graduates as possible, however, should a graduate not see their street listed, please look for the nearest intersection to join us there. You’ll hear us coming and you won’t be able to miss us!
The route is as follows with approximate time frames:
- START FROM CITY HALL DOWN NO. ARLINGTON TO PARK AVE TO WOODLAND AVE
- WOODLAND AVE. TO SPRINGDALE AVE TO LINWOOD PL
- LINWOOD PL. TO EVERETT ST.TO BRIGHTON ST. TO FAIR ST
- FAIR ST TO MIDLAND AVETO EAST PARK ST TO PARK AVE
- PARK AVE TO WASHINGTON ST TO WASHINGTON TERRACE TO MORTON PL
- MORTON PL TO WILLIAM ST TO PROSPECT ST TO EDGERTON TERR.
- EDGERTON TERR.TO NO. CLINTON ST TO ELY PL. BACK TO PROSPECT ST.
- PROSPECT ST TO MARCY AVE. TO PARKWAY DRIVE
- PARKWAY DRIVE TO RENSHAW AVE TO NO. ARLINGTON AVE
- NO. ARLINGTON AVE. TO LAFEYETTE AVE TO ROOSEVELT AVE
- ROOSEVELT AVE. TO MONROE AVE TO NO. ARLINGTON AVE
- NO. ARLINGTON AVE TO SHERMAN AVE. TO ROOSEVELT AVE
- ROOSEVELT AVE TO RUTLEDGE AVE. TO NO. ARLINGTON AVE
- NO. ARLINGTON AVE. TO SPRINGDALE AVE TO NO. GROVE ST
- NO. GROVE ST TO SAWYER AVE TO WARWICK ST TO HOFFMAN BLVD
- HOFFMAN BLVD. TO LESLIE ST TO 1ST AVENUE
- 1ST AVE TO NEWFIELD ST TO ROWE ST TO ELLINGTON ST
- ELLINGTON ST. TO SPRINGDALE AVE (UNDER THE TRAIN UNDER PASS)
- SPRINGDALE AVE TO NO. 19TH ST TO GREENWOOD AVE.TO EATON PL
- EATON PL. TO NO. 18TH ST. TO 4TH AVE TO NO. 17THST TO EATON PL
- EATON PL. TO NO. 16TH ST. TO PARK AVE TO STOCKTON PL
- STOCKTON PL. TO WILLIAM ST TO VERNON TERR TO PARK AVE
- PARK AVE TO NO. MAPLE AVE TO NEW ST
- NEW ST. TO NO. GROVE ST TO CENTRAL AVE TO HOLLYWOOD AVE
- HOLLYWOOD AVE. TO WINTHROP TERR. TO STEUBEN ST TO CENTRAL AVE.
- CENTRAL AVE. TO HAWTHORNE AVE TO WINTHROP TERR TO SO. MAPLE AVE
- SOUTH MAPLE AVE. TO CENTRAL AVE TO NO. GROVE ST TO WILLIAM ST
- WILLIAM ST. TO NO. MUNN AVE.
- NO. MUNN AVE. TO ELMWOOD AVE. TO FREEMAN AVE
- FREEMAN AVE. TO LINDEN AVE TO OAK ST TOTREMONT AVE
- TREMONT AVE TO MADONNA PL TO ELMWOOD AVE TO EPPIRT ST
- EPPIRT ST. TO TREMONT AVE TO SO. CENTER ST TO SO. HARRISON ST
- SO. HARRISON ST TO ELLIOTT PLTO SANFORD ST TO KENWOOD PL
- KENWOOD PL. TO SO. HARRISON ST TO FREEWAY DRIVE TO AMHERST ST
- AMHERST ST. TO CENTRAL AVE BACK TOWARD SANFORD ST
- SANFORD ST. TO CLIFFORD ST. TO HALSTED ST TO ELMWOOD AVE
- ELMWOOD AVE. TO CRAWFORD ST. TO RHODE ISLAND AVE
- RHODE ISLAND AVE. TO AMHERST ST TO CENTRAL AVE
- CENTRAL AVE. TO SO. CLINTON ST TO CHESTNUT ST
- CHESTNUT ST TO SO. ARLINGTON AVE TO LENOX AVE
- LENOX AVE. TO SO. CLINTON ST TO MELMORE GARDENS
- MELMORE GARDENS TO LINCOLN ST TO WILLIAM ST
- WILLIAM ST. TO ASHLAND AVE TO SUMMIT ST
- SUMMIT ST. TO NO WALNUT ST TO PARK AVE TO NO. MUNN AVE
- BACK TO CITY HALL
WHAT: East Orange Graduation Caravan
WHEN: Saturday, June 13, 2020 @11 AM
WHERE: Assembling at East Orange City Hall (44 City Hall Plaza)
WHO: Mayor Green, East Orange City Council and Friends of the Class of 2020