Mission and Purpose
To promote and ensure the delivery of public health services and education, to the residents of East Orange, in an efficient manner with the highest level of competency, sensitivity, respect and quality.
- Maintain regulatory compliance and achieve state of the art application of the principles of public health services.
- Identify and promote strategies for disease prevention and quality of life enhancement, based on community needs, essential public health performance indicators and the standards which are set by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and FEMA in addition to the New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Strengthen already existing community network ties.
- Build partnerships with formal healthcare delivery systems to connect people with services they need.
- To provide and support a community based system of care and services that complement; but does not substitute for health care providers.
- Improve public health outcomes for community members, by conducting regular community health assessments to identify and prioritize the most prevalent and critical health care needs.
- Foster mitigation of minority health disparities.
- Compel the evolution of a new paradigm for public health, based on the needs of this population.
- Ensure a higher quality of life for the population of the City of East Orange.
The above mission statement, goals and objectives pertain to every division of the East Orange Department of Heath as Public Health Principles are applicable to every aspect of daily living as well as our day to day operations.
Christie Administration Encourages Residents to Remove Standing Water on
Property to Reduce Mosquito Population